Wednesday, June 8, 2011

What to Wear

So, one of the hardest things about being a stay-at-home mom is figuring out what to wear- especially when you have a baby who spits up all of the time.

I want to look cool and hip, but I have the sinking suspicion it just isn't happening.

I see really fun tops other women are wearing, but between my boobs and the spit-up I just don't want to invest.  Unless someone knows where I can get some cool tops that are easily washable and cheap.  (Please share!)

As for bottoms... Ugh. Its short season and while I have only about 10 pounds to go to get to my pre-pregnancy weight, its hard to find just the right style.  I did order some skorts from Land's End and I am hoping they fit the bill.

But I still find t-shirts and shorts or crop pants really motherish.  How do I kick it up a notch and make the outfit cool?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

And just for fun:
Is this possible?  Is my baby doll really growing up?

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Sorry I can't help you. I sport the mom look all the time. Solid colored t-shirts from target or if its really hot, a tank top. But your little one is just precious!

BrandyMcD said...

I made a comment yesterday but it got eaten because my password has changed.

Anyway, I was happy to see that I am not the only one who sticks with plain Target shirts.

I also really like little sundresses. It is harder right now because of nursing but there are some out there that work with it. Just machine wash and hang dry. I pair them with flip flops.

married yoshimi said...

I don't have a great answer, either. I tend to get most of my 'transition' shirts from Marshall's or TJMaxx. I did hit Banana Republic/J Crew outlets in the metroplex and find a few more tailored-looking tops, just so I wouldn't feel so shlumpy all the time and I'd have something a little nicer for auditions.

I'm back into maybe half of my jean stash. the others are still a few pounds away, I think. I do think a skirt that fits great is a beautiful thing, and can go dressed up or cute/comfortable with flip flops or sandals. The Limited recently had some really cute looking A-line skirts that seemed like they'd be flattering...