Wednesday, February 15, 2012

sunbathing

Dylan was admitted to the NICU last night. His bilirubin numbers are very high and rising- meaning he has jaundice. To the point where brain injury is possible. Hopefully we aren't at that point, but when your husband who is not phased by anything starts panicking about getting to the hospital , well, you know something is up.

Luckily he isn't acting sick and has been pretty cooperative. His newborn pics will be interesting. He'll have quite the tan.

They expect him to be here at least 3-5 days. I want to take him back home already.

Prayers are welcome.

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Thanks for letting us know, Tricia. Prayers of healing for Dylan. I know this is so frightening for you and Chris.

BrandyMcD said...

I'm so sorry Tricia. We will be praying. Ellery had to be readmitted to the NICU when she was a few days old and it is so hard to take your baby back to the hospital. In the grand scheme of things, it is just a tiny blip, but it feels huge when you are there.

married yoshimi said...

praying for you, friend.