Thursday, October 4, 2012

Time of Day

I find myself struggling this time of day. Right as I start getting the kids ready for bed I start to hate myself and there is this horrible voice in my head that says


You are so fat.
You have an ugly muffin top.
Your boobs are droopy.
Just look down at your belly.
Disgusting.


And it plays over and over and my self hate gets stronger and stronger.

I hate this time of day.

2 comments:

married yoshimi said...

okay, so you are pretty. I say it because it's so.

we've had babies. two babies!!! and it's hard to force everything back in it's place.

but I understand. I feel good in the mornings. by nighttime, my back hurts, I'm walking like I'm old and I feel somehow broken again.

are you doing any program thingie/workout thing? I'm sort of failing at it right now, I downloaded a cool fitness/food app I've sort of forgotten to update and have only 'worked out' once since Ruby was born. but have hopes of taking my kids to the Y more now that it's getting cooler. between work and church and them, it's just hard for me to make it happen most days. I run out of time and steam.

I think we should think about how we'd never want the other to think mean thoughts about themselves... and extend that same generosity to ourselves. I think you're super pretty, I love your voice, your attitude, and your style. and you're a great mom. tell chris hi and that y'all can move back anytime...

Anonymous said...

Amen to Married Yoshimi! (Bobbie)