Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Just for W

Things have been super busy lately. I've been packing and getting ready for the movers, painting and cleaning Chris' house, tying up loose ends at my old job, and searching for a new one. Yikes. It seems like it never ends. I would love a week or two to stay at home and organize everything and finish some of the bigger projects I have for the house. I can't imagine getting anything done if I had to do all of this and was working full time. I would love to be able to stay home completely, but that seems to be a dream. At least for right now.

As I pack in preparation for the move, it occurs to me that it is so easy to accumulate a whole bunch of nonsense. Part of me wants to just throw everything away that I haven't already packed. It really is tempting.

And how do we end up with so much stuff anyways? It really is amazing. And where does it all come from and where does it all go? If I have this much nonsense, I can't imagine how much stuff is really out there.

I don't seem to have a problem throwing things away or giving them away, but Chris has real attachment issues with his things. He actually feels a sense of loss when he gets rid of something. I'm marrying a pack rat.

If anyone is bored today and wants to come over and help me pack, feel free :)

4 comments:

Whitney said...

Thanks for the update. Miss you!

Chelsie Sargent said...

Missed you Sunday night:)! I agree about all the nonsense stuff. We had a garage sale Saturday- people bought all our nonsense stuff- it was nice:).

married yoshimi said...

dude I feel you! I'm all about getting rid of clutter and STUFF! *there's actually a pile of it I need to haul off in the garage...*

JENNY said...

I missed you, too, Sunday night! And, I completely agree. I would definitely have come to help you today had I not been at work.