Sunday, June 21, 2009

Coming Up For Air

Where have I been? So many things have been happening in the blog world and I have missed it all thanks to my new job. I'm not quite comfortable blogging at work since my boss can pretty much see what I am doing all of the time. His office and his desk face mine. Talk about zero privacy. I don't think he sits there and stares all day, but it is a little weird to feel like I am being watched.

Speaking of the job....It is great! I think I missed my calling as an accountant. I am working for the CFO and all of the other accounting department staff. I love it all. Most of you might not find it fun, but I really do. And I am surprised. I don't think I've every really looked forward to going to work before. My office mates are very friendly and helpful. As of tomorrow morning I will be a full-fledged employee. They hire people on a temp to perm basis- it makes it easier on everyone if it doesn't work out. Friday afternoon Bobby called me into his office and offered me the position permanently!!!

I still feel glamorous working in a big tall building downtown, but my feet are starting to protest the heels and the blocks and blocks of walking to and from the parking garage and to the bank. Looks like I might have to start buying shorter heels. Hm.

Wedding plans are going well. The dress should arrive this week. I hope it zips. As long as it zips I will be happy, although I did start South Beach yesterday. No carbs or fruits for 2 weeks. It isn't so bad...I do miss dessert, but after a shopping trip to the grocery store to buy sugar free jello and popsicles, it isn't so bad.

It will all be over before I know it. I am so looking forward to being married. MARRIED!!

5 comments:

JENNY said...

Glad you are enjoying your jobs so much. Hope you get your dress this week!!

BrandyMcD said...

I'm glad the job is working out for you. That's great!

married yoshimi said...

it was good to see you yesterday! glad the job is going well, you ORGANIZER you! pretty soon you'll be one of those ladies that wears her running shoes with her dress to work and changes into heels in the bathroom.

K Cummings Pipes said...

Take care of your feet they have to last a life time. I wonder if all those blocks of blocks of walking downtown and in my glam accounting firm library in a highrise with great views (and then a decade or so more in the not so glam medical center) isn't one reason that I'm now pretty much stuck in New Balance, large toe box, supportive arches, no heels ugly, ugly, ugly shoes.

Looking forward to the bridal shower!

Josh Ross said...

Hello from Josh, Kayci, and Truitt. Hope the new job is going well. Congrats.
Miss you.