Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Possibilities


Yay for carrots!!


And yes, that is a sippy cup.

Is it possible that my child could be eating solids and drinking from a sippy cup (well, trying anyways)already?  It is hard to believe.  And I know I have said that before in a previous post.  Children really do grow up too quickly.

Lady K started her solid food journey with rice cereal about a week and a half ago and then added green beans on Sunday.  She's had some barley cereal and today she tried carrots.  Yum yum.  She definitely liked those.  She kept opening her mouth for more.  She didn't do that with the green beans... Let's hope carrots come out of clothes- especially since she spit some up before and after her bath.  Ah, spit up.  I'm covered in it every day.

And as for the sippy cup...Well, she has been trying to drink out of my cup for a few weeks.  I finally got tired of both of us ending up soaking wet and had Chris bring home a sippy cup yesterday.  I'm not sure she got much out of it, but she sure did like trying. 

I can tell she is going to want to do things for herself from the start.  She already wants to hold the spoon and the cup. 

P.S. Tonight she went to sleep without even crying.  Of course now that I have written that, she will never do it again and actually just started crying, so really all I did was jinx myself...

3 comments:

BrandyMcD said...

A tip my sister gave me: if she wants to hold the spoon while you are trying to feed her, then give her her own to hold.

She's so adorable!

married yoshimi said...

ack, she's so sweet!! and that worked for us, too - magz held her own and it actually made getting her to open her mouth for a bite from me easier. :)

K Cummings Pipes said...

oooh! carrot kisses!