Saturday, April 7, 2012

Mrs. Frump

I have completely forgotten how to dress and I must be the frumpiest mom around.

What does one wear to look cool chasing and playing with a toddler that will wash well when the 8 week old spits up all over you?

And has a forgiving waist and plenty of room in the top?

I'm wearing a lot of workout pants with t-shirts which works for being at home, but I would like to look a little more put together when we go out.

Help! Any suggestions?

And just for kicks-

3 comments:

Chelsie Sargent said...

So handsome:)

Try Soma. They have great, cool, flowy dresses and tops. I am living their clothes right now and I always get lots of compliments when I am out and about. Most people jus think of them as underwear, but they have tons of cute outer ware too. And they wash beautifully- I always hang mine to dry.

Heather said...

Totally agree that getting back any sense of style with a new schedule and body is hard. I fell back on jewelry, scarves, belts and cute shoes to jazz up plain T-shirts. Scarves always seemed to be good because I thought the draping hid the midsection a bit and they were good for covering up/distracting from spit up stains. I also think splurging on a new pair of jeans that makes you feel good now is a good start and as tall as you are, I think you could rock the maxi dress/skirt trend.

K Cummings Pipes said...

Heather's advice sounds right on to me. But there is no universe in which beautiful you is a "frump" no matter what you're wearing. A mother's best adornment is her children. Blessed be...