So I've decided to do the half marathon. 13 is my lucky number anyways... Thanks to all for helping me to realize 13 IS enough. Why we put such high expectations on ourselves, well I guess I should speak for myself...Why I put such high expectation on myself is an interesting question. One that goes back to childhood and never feeling 'good enough'. But I could write a book on that topic...
One concert down and three more to go. If you think you might be interested in hearing the Messiah check out Mercury Baroque's website for more info. We have performances Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
When I first learned we were going to be doing the Messiah, I thought to myself, "Ugh. Again?" I've been privileged enough to do the Messiah with the New York Philharmonic 4 or 5 times (too many to count it seems) with 3-4 performances each time. But that didn't make me excited to do it again...until we started rehearsing the music and I remembered how fun it is. The words are powerful and take such great shape and form in the music. Even now I have bits of it running through my head...
"And He shall purify..." "For unto us a child is born...." His yoke is easy..." "Since by man came death..." (my favorite chorus I think)
Come check it out. It is the season...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
woo-hoo!! go lucky thirteen!!
Good luck with the mararthons -- concert and foot-wise.
Post a Comment