Monday, December 28, 2009

What is More Romantic?


Running a half marathon OR nixing the running and going with your hubby to a Sci-Fi convention?


This is the dilemma I am faced with. My toe says to go to the Sci-Fi convention. And what an easy out. I am making my husband extraordinarily happy, and I don't have all the pressure of getting back out there and running (a lot).
When I first started training for the Austin marathon, I was determined not to let an injury occur and get in the way of completing my goal. Well, Anna had other plans and I find it surprising in my old age how long it can take a toe to heal.
Sure I can run on it. It doesn't hurt while I run. It just swells up like a sausage and aches later. I could deal with that, I really could. What I am having trouble dealing with is not being able to get my foot into my favorite shoes. Round toe flats are getting a little old.
Ah well. It could be worse. I'll count my blessings- especially the one where my husband has given me an out.
(and for some reason, blogger refuses to space my paragraphs correctly)

1 comment:

K Cummings Pipes said...

If I got a vote, I'd say let your toe get well and make your husband happy. Sci-Fi sounds like fun.