Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Torn

Yes, I am still torn. I tried to quit the choir I sing in, but when I made the call I couldn't stick to my guns. Maybe didn't is a better word. I felt so guilty that I was easily convinced to stay.

Problem: I don't want to sing with the choir anymore.

Solution: I probably need to make another phone call and really do it this time. I mean, what kind of contribution am I going to make while sitting there not wanting to sing?

Ugh. I admit to being a coward when it comes to this. I hate disappointing people and/or feeling like I have let someone down. But it's my life right? I can do what I want. (she says with a pout like a spoiled teenager)

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Maybe an email would work better. Or someone to sit next to you while you are on the phone and make sure you do it. :)

We are home! Hopefully we will make it to church this Sunday.

Anonymous said...

T, it IS your life, and it IS your right to make this decision. The reactions of those you don't want to offend, quite frankly, aren't your problem. I absolutely hate disappointing people--I don't want to leave a bad taste in anyone's mouth. However, you'll drive yourself bonkers continuing to do something that is supposed to be recreational/fun/keeping your voice in shape and not liking it. It may be unpleasant in the moment, but I encourage you to do it. It's not like you'll be yelling at anyone (right?). Love you.

married yoshimi said...

it can be so hard to communicate this kind of stuff! for me, when I need to make a change I think it helps to keep things focused on me and not whatever it is I'm saying no to... it's hard for people to argue with you when you say, 'I'm sorry, I've enjoyed this so much but it's just not working for me right now/anymore and something's gotta give. I'll miss everyone and wish you the best!'

I have such a tough time saying no, but it's really true... sometimes, certain things just don't fit into the picture, and you can't force it.