Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Defeated

As usual, husband tells me of a black tie dinner we are invited to 2 days before the event. I remember the dress I wore to my best friend's wedding and think to myself, "I've lost a lot of weight recently. I bet I can fit into it again." So, I pull it out of the closet, slide it over my hips, pull the straps over my shoulders, and go off to get some help zipping it up.

As my husband so elegantly put it, the dress was "not even close" to being zipable.
Ah. Such tact. Such sensitivity.

It is interesting to me how the mind sees it's body. I knew I had gained weight, but I guess I didn't realize how much until I tried that dress on. How could that not fit? I've worked so hard and lost about 14 pounds. And it still doesn't fit???

Ugh. I have so much work to do. So much, that I think I might just go bury my head in the sand.

Here I am in the dress *before*


2 comments:

Heather said...

You look beautiful now as you did then but I know it`s frustrating when you`ve been working so hard. I`m sure you`ll get there again and in the meantime will find something to highlight your beautiful features.

starcakeastrology.blogspot.com said...

don't give up!