Chris and I left later than I would have liked (ahem, ahem- oh wait, he doesn't read this blog), but we made it to Dallas with no problems at all. The snow had been cleared for our arrival. Since it was late, we missed the double header movie. I was bummed as they had experts there to comment as the movie played. I am sure they had some stellar comments. Ah well.Saturday morning we showed up bright and early. For a moment I worried that I might look like a dork wearing my back pack on both shoulders. Then I looked around and realized that wasn't going to be a problem. Chris and I would still be among the coolest people there.
We attended panels most of each day along with browsing the Dealer Room (where they have everything from costumes to books for sale). Panel topics ranged from a Q&A with one of Chris' favorite authors Jack McDevitt (that was one of the best hours we spent there) to How to Make Leather Masks. (ye-ah... we skipped that one)
The people attending are pretty much extremly geeky randing all the way to mentally challened. You see women wearing kitten ears drinking out of crazy straws. Women you thought were men and guys with hair past their bottoms who probably haven't seen the sun in real life in years. (Where does that leave hubby and me???)
This photo is from the costume contest- another convention highlight. The last Sci-Fi convention we went to had a costume contest where people performed skits. Luckily we were spared that at this convention.
Although, this guy did impress us with his sword action.
Check out our loot. When I saw this T-shirt I just couldn't go home without it. On road trips, Chris and I often talk about what we would do if some terrible disease or some horrible disaster were to sweep the country. I guess we've been planning our "Zombie Plan". Every couple should have one.
- Here is the shirt along with the pillow I got him for Christmas. Gotta love etsy.com. The pillow's title? "Zombies Need Love Too." I love the anatomically correct heart. I thought it was a nice touch. Chris liked it too.
How many people would have appreciated this pillow? Not many. But my hubby is one of them and that is why were are a match made in heaven.






4 comments:
Glad ya'll had a good time... and I love the pillow:)
Welcome home. Sounds like fun.
Nerds! I love it!
Looks like a lot more fun than a marathon.
Post a Comment