Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Filling My Days

 Believe it or not, this used to be a stuffed fish.  Anna just loves to rip her toys apart.  I think it is almost time to have this one disappear for good.  Poor fishy.


I've been home for getting close to 2 weeks now.  At first, we had decided I would pack up the house in preparation for our move.  After packing a few boxes and realizing the mess it would make in the house, hubby and I decided to have the movers pack so that the house would still be showable.  So, now I've got a lot of hours to fill. 

It is a little weird.  After years of getting up and going to work not having anything to do really.  I've already gone through the baby's things and packed it all up in tubs.  I've gone through paperwork and sorted what to throw out and what to shred.  I've been ruthless in sorting my clothes and have donated quite a bit.  I do need to get into our storage place and been even more ruthless. 

But sorting can get a little old... So, in an effort to fill my time yesterday, I made some burp clothes.  Check them out:


I took some of the plain, white burp clothes I was given and added a little flair.  Its a pretty easy project and it allows me to practice the very basics- sewing a straight line.  Don't look too closely, they aren't perfect- but, each one is getting better than the last. 

On another note- Have you been watching the miners' rescue down in Chile?  Every time one is brought to the surface it brings tears to my eyes.  I can't even imagine spending 69 days underground, trapped.  I would imagine it wouldn't take long to lose all hope.  It is amazing what these miners have done and what the rescuers have done to rescue them.  Praise God.

2 comments:

Chelsie Sargent said...

Cute project. And Hope always destroys toys- they usually only last a day or so. And the miner footage has been inspiring to watch...

K Cummings Pipes said...

Mandy loves getting toys and hoards them but she doesn't chew or play with them. She plays one game--tug.
Your sewing projects are lovely... all the babies will be jealous.