Thursday, December 2, 2010

New Arrival

We had a 'little' surprise early this week. Some of you may remember my due date of December 18.  Well, that went out the window early Tuesday morning when my water broke at 2:24am - about 3 weeks ahead of schedule.  After a call to the doula and my mother to let her know she should hop on a plane, we labored at home until about 9am.  Then we headed in to the hospital when my contractions were about 5 minutes apart.

That's Chris holding all of our stuff.  Everyone gives you a list of things to take to the hospital to be prepared.  I think I took everything on everyone's list :)

Long story short, pre-eclampsia raised its ugly head that day and my birthing day ended up being very different than what I had hoped.  As I have said from the beginning, I just wanted a healthy baby so whatever we needed to do to get that to happen was ok with me.  About 26 hours after my water broke this is who arrived:

 Kathryn Olivia
5lbs, 15oz
born at 4:17am on December 1, a Wednesday
 (weirdly, I was born at 4:17pm on a Wednesday)

(could that be strawberry blond hair???)

I've had elevated blood pressure ever since, but hubby isn't concerned and I guess the doctors aren't either since the plan is for us to go home tomorrow morning.   

Here she is after a feeding this morning sleeping on me.  So cute... Of course I am horribly biased.


And last but not least- one of the best pictures I've ever taken.  Daddy with his daughter.  Chris was awesome and I can honestly say I have never loved him more. 

I promise more pictures to come and maybe even video. 

7 comments:

Melanie said...

Yay! I am so happy all three of you are safe, happy and healthy. I can't wait to meet little miss Kathryn, she is beautiful.

BrandyMcD said...

Congratulations Tricia! She is absolutely beautiful. We are all so very happy for you. Praying for a smooth recovery and transition home!

Whitney said...

She is so sweet, especially the little red hair! Glad everything turned out well!

Chelsie Sargent said...

She is stunning! We are so excited for you both- blessing on this exciting time ahead of you.

Tiffany said...

Yay Trisha!! Great pictures.

K Cummings Pipes said...

Yes, I hope she shares her mother's hair color as well as the birthday time and day of the week. She (an you!) are beautiful. Blessing on Chris, & you & Kathryn Olivia. I love the name!

Anonymous said...

Tricia! She is so beautiful!!! I love her hair, too!!! Oh, I had grand thoughts of all of our girls growing up together-Ellery, Madison, Maggie, Eleanor and now little Kathryn. They are joined in spirit! Maybe Brandy will have another girl, too!

Best wishes, dear friend. Rest easy.