Yep. It is snowing today. Crazy.
On another note, check out my new license plate... (Texan was already taken)
I really miss Texas, but it is starting to feel more like home here. I am making friends and trying to fill my days with things to do. Going to the gym has been such a blessing. Having just 45 minutes to myself is really nice. Plus, I feel a little better about myself since I've been working out. Slow but steady is what they say. Last time I checked I had lost 4 pounds in about 3 1/2 weeks. I'll take that!
Funny story- So, we live out in the country (well, almost). There are lots of deer and other wildlife that pass through our backyard. Last night, Chris let Anna out. After a few minutes, I hear him yelling her name. He comes rushing into the bathroom asking for a flashlight. I of course want to know what is going on. He tells me Anna is in a scuffle with something outside. Horrible things go through my mind - like how my dog is being killed my a coyote (yes, we have them here) or will smell like a skunk (which are all over the place). So, I find the flashlight, put on a coat and rush outside. We find Anna standing next to a tree. She won't come when called and doesn't even really recognize that we are there. I look up in the tree and see a shape. I ask Chris to shine his light up there thinking it is a bird's nest. Nope. It was a raccoon. A scared to death raccoon.
We finally get Anna inside, but she continues to growl all night. I found out why this morning. One of my bird feeders had been stolen! I eventually found it out in the yard with all of the feed having been eaten. Little stinker ate my bird seed!
I am just glad it wasn't a coyote.


2 comments:
If Anna does tangle w/a skunk, you can "bath" her in tomato juice. When we lived in Ohio and Missouri "in the country" we always kept plenty on hand for our beagle.
Can't wait to see you guys tonight!
Post a Comment