So I admit I am addicted to The X Factor. I never really watched American Idol, but while flipping through the channels a few weeks ago I came across The X Factor and that was it for me.
Watching regular people realize their dream gets me every time. I pretty much cry at some point during every episode and I don't think I can completely blame the hormones. Contestants range from 14 to 60 - yes 60! Some of them are just starting their journey of wanting to be a singer and some have been struggling for years.
And as I watch, I see my own hopes and dreams dribble away.
I've made my choices. I've got a wonderful husband and 2 kids (well, almost) with whom I get to stay home and raise.
But deep inside I still have the artist who wants to be performing, the singer who wants to be heard. And that is my struggle.
In Houston, I had an outlet that allowed me to dabble in music while having a family, but here in Columbus I have yet to find anything that would work. Actually, I have yet to find anything I would even want to be a part of. Do they even have music here? Surely they must. It's just hiding.
So in the meantime, I guess I'll live vicariously through the contestants of The X Factor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment