Monday, July 28, 2008

Opening Up

Last night was a great night at 242. Wonderful food and wonderful company. To be able to open up with each other and feel safe enough to share things we normally keep to ourselves is such a blessing. I know I want to spend more time with everyone who was there last night. Girls...Want to go shopping? I'm a great shopping buddy.

One topic that we really didn't focus on, but that was brought up more than once was what we think about the everlasting for people who have never been exposed to God. I believe the Bible says He writes His law in the hearts of men (Romans 2:14) and so perhaps the 'good' people in this world who have no knowledge of our God may still be saved. What about the people who believe in other gods? Is there really only one God who has shown himself in differnt ways to the world? And if so, what conflicts are then brought forth by the different teachings?

I think this topic is a heavy one as we all care about people and I am sure want no one to be left out because they didn't know about God. Please share your thoughts...or maybe we could save this for a heated discussion at the next 242?

I am including two photos of some weddings I went to this summer. The first is of Luci and Michael and the second is of my best friend getting ready for her wedding this past May. Love you Heather.

8 comments:

Whitney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Whitney said...

When I first read that verse in Romans, I was so comforted and still am. I don't know the answers to how so many things work, but I know that God knows what is in our hearts and loves us. Living in Austin, meeting people who were so different from those I grew up with really caused me to start thinking about how God views people who aren't Christians. I really like this episode of This American Life
http://www.thislife.org/
Radio_Episode.aspx?sched=1111

I am so thankful for our church group and have loved getting to know you this year!

Melanie said...

Sounds like we missed a good 242. Hopefully we will make it to the next one. Miss you.

Chelsie Sargent said...

I loved 242 this week- can't wait until next week and I am ALWAYS up for shopping:)!

married yoshimi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
married yoshimi said...

Did someone say shopping?

*yoshimi puts on her game face and some comfortable shoes.

**yoshimi loved having cool people in her house the other night.

JENNY said...

Yay! I found your blog from Chelsie's blog. I'm sad we missed 242 this past Sunday. When is the next event?

Anonymous said...

I, too, wished I had been there to partake (or at least hear) this conversation. Also, when I have the pocket $$, I love to shop!!!

I am excited to learn how to screen print next Tuesday. Whee.