This past weekend I had the opportunity to visit a different church and boy was it different. It had every amenity you could think of.
- Beautiful building (with a bell tower!!)
- Beautiful kitchen
- Huge auditorium with enough people to fill two Sunday morning services.
- I didn't visit it on Sunday, but I think it is pretty safe to assume that there are many people there just like me.
The material side of me was saying, "Oooh. Wouldn't it be nice to come here every Sunday?"
But then the part of me that cherishes Southwest Central's diversity spoke up and said, "No way."
Southwest Central may not be as pretty (just wait until the aesthetics team is done and then we'll see) and there definitely aren't enough people to fill up two services on Sunday. But I do appreciate our neighboorhood. It reminds us (well, me at least) that there are people out there who do not have enough food to eat; who do not have a nice place to sleep every night; who need God.
And so I am thankful for Southwest Central Church of Christ and everyone that makes up this church.


2 comments:
You echo my feelings about SWC...I so thankful you choose to be a part of our community, to serve in the worship planning, on the aesthetic team and to be a chosen chaperone for our girls!
Yes! and I appreciate what you bring to SWC... without you we would be less... like you I am blessed to part of a church that understands that the mission of God is to walk where Jesus walked--not among the rich or the well or the strong but along side the poor and the hurting and the weak. My church reminds me of my need for God.
Post a Comment