Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thanking - Day 2

OK, so I was supposed to have Thanking Day 2 yesterday and I was going to do it when I got home, but events at work made me forget about Thanking. How sad is that? I have realized in the past few days that I have never worked in an office with lots of women before.

I would never have expected that to make a difference in the workplace, but you know what? In my office, it does. The pettiness and subtle backstabbing is mind boggling to me.

And it isn't ALL the women, it seems to be the ones who are less educated. I don't want to over generalize, so please don't think I am. Needless to say, there have been some 'interesting' events over the last few days.

All of this to say I am VERY thankful for my husband. I have come home grumpy and out of sorts the past two days and he has been so cool about it. He's asked me what he can do to help. He got out of bed last night to put away a plate and glass he had left out. He's just been all around outstanding.

Here he is in all his handsomeness.


1 comment:

Bobbie said...

I have an awareness of what you mean...SO disappointing at best. I've found I'm even more stretched when the behavior involves minorities, and I'm wanting to be accepting and loving.
I think you had a big THANKSGIVING 2 about your handsome husband!