Thursday, August 26, 2010

Happenings

A few things have been happening recently which explains my absence.  Chris and I have decided to accept a job in Columbus, OH.  Crazy right?  We expect to move mid to late October and are in the mad rush of getting our current house ready to sell while checking out house options in Columbus. 

We are pretty excited for the move.  I have to leave Texas, but I think this is the best thing for Chris and his career.  The new practice suits him and even sent me flowers the day after we accepted the offer.  Here's the card that came with them.  It really brought it home- I am leaving Texas again :(


This past weekend, Chris and I went up to Connecticut and Rhode Island to visit his family.  His mom's friends threw a joint shower for his sister-in-law and me.  Check out the gorgeous flowers.   So many wonderful women came to celebrate the expanding Frank family. 
After the shower, we drove up to Rhode Island where it proceeded to rain the entire time.  If it had been winter, we would still be stuck there due to the bad weather.  Wind and rain galore!

Now we are back home and preparing for the open house this Sunday.  I managed to get the kitchen cabinets organized and all of the other closets are now viewable- I won't be horribly embarrassed when everyone opens them :)  All that's left- more painting of trim and doors.  There was a reason the contractor wanted almost $3,000 for that job.  It has been a bear to finish.  And yes, I am painting.  One look at my husband's attempt and it was decided that I will forever be the one painting.  He isn't allowed near it!

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Let me know if you want help with any house prepping stuff!

K Cummings Pipes said...

Congratulations but I am going to miss you.