Right now I am my own worst enemy. Between trying to get a house ready to sell and trying to find one to buy, I have been a worrying mess. (Oh, and did I mention I am pregnant and moving somewhere between my 31st and 34th week of pregnancy?)
Just ask my husband. I have been a nightmare to live with. I am struggling with something I thought I had conquered.
Ha! (That was God laughing at my foolishness.) I guess he realized I needed a little more practice in not worrying so He set me up for this cosmic joke - a husband who doesn't worry about any of this at all and a new employer who can't give us a definite start date.
How are we supposed to know when we can move?
How can we find a place to live if we don't know when we are going to move?
Will the baby come while I am driving to Ohio?
Will I find a doctor I like?
Will I even get to meet the doctor who will deliver my baby?
And the list just goes on and on so I don't think I am completely crazy for worrying. But I also know that my worrying won't make anything better. I know that God will take care of me and I need to stop worrying. I really do know that. Its just the whole putting it into practice bit that is challenging.
So I remind myself of the following that I have posted next to my computer at work:
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Tricia,
When I moved at 6 1/2 months my doctor was adamant that I fly, not drive, because of the risk of blood clots from sitting that long. I think the airlines will fly you up to 37 weeks pregnant with a note from your doctor. Check with your O/B about their recommendation.
I know it is stressful to juggle so many things -- I've been there. But I found that at least I couldn't worry about the same thing for long because there was always something else to distract me. You WILL get moved. And you WILL have a baby. All the rest is pesky details.
The "which transcends all understanding" part is what always sticks out to me. For us "realistic" ladies, it's a good reminder to have some faith in God who is bigger than our own capabilities.
I know this is a stressful time of changes--prayers for you. Deep breaths!
Praying open doors, straight paths and peace for you.
Post a Comment