Monday, January 17, 2011

Long Night Ahead

I can tell I've got a long night ahead.  My little one has had a hard day.  Or maybe she made me have a hard day.  I'm not sure if the antibiotics I've been taking have upset her tummy or what, but the only places she has slept today is in her carseat or on my chest.  Yes, I've let her 'cry it out', but that hasn't worked today.  She just cries and cries.  I quit taking the antibiotics and fed the babe some formula tonight to see if that will help.  It is almost heartbreaking dumping what I then pump.

Too catch you up...

A super cute picture of K in her huggable jammies.  I love the bear on her bum.

a view of her crib





a view of the bookcase I painted and the fish picture that inspired her room

A craft I started the day before she was born and finished a month later.  This is going to hang on the wall above her dresser/changing table.

You can't quite see it, but this is a picture of it snowing.  W asked if we had snow... The answer is yes.

Here is Lady K yesterday after she changed out of her Sunday dress.  Isn't she cute?!

I go to visit an oral surgeon tomorrow.  Seems that I may have an infection above a tooth that has some of the hardware and screws used in my jaw surgery years and years ago.  The dentist said I might need a root canal.  The endodontist said I might need to have the hardware removed (yes, that means surgey).  We'll see what the surgeon says tomorrow. 

Here's to a night probably spent with a baby sleeping on my chest...  (Can I admit I absolutely love snuggling with her?)


4 comments:

Whitney said...

Tricia, she looks so precious! Can't wait to meet her! Sorry you guys are having a rough time! Prayers for a smooth night and solution to your dental problems.

BrandyMcD said...

Her room is so sweet and soothing. And SHE is adorable and already growing so fast. I hope you both have a better day today and the tooth doesn't end up being too much of an ordeal.

married yoshimi said...

so I just sent you the longest email... and *just* got your baby announcement! it is so flipping adorable!!

K Cummings Pipes said...

Love the pics on the announcement and Christmas card... love the nursery, what pretty color! and love baby & her mother. Hoping the tooth is better soon and that you both get rest.