Friday, January 28, 2011

Not Always Happy

Kathryn is learning how to put herself to sleep.  At this point, I help out a lot- whether that means rocking and holding, or putting her in her crib and reading to her or just being there.  Yesterday, she took a very long time to go to sleep.  Well, she was asleep when I was holding her, but as usual, once I put her down she woke up again.  We worked and worked and she finally fell asleep in her crib.  This is what it looks like when I peek in the door.  Note the mobile tied to the side of the crib.  Chris thought she didn't have anything fun to look at and so got this mobile.  It is a pretty neat one.  I'm not sure its conducive to falling asleep though.

Every morning we take Anna to doggy day care.  I nurse Lady K and then we play a little.  Once I get a yawn though, she goes in her car seat and off we go.  Here she is when we returned from our morning outing today. So peaceful.


Here's proof life around here isn't always so peaceful.  This happened during our attempt to go to sleep later in the morning.  We were rocking at this point and after I took a second to take this photo (sorry baby) I put her down in her crib.  We spent a few minutes together, but she was a big girl and got herself to sleep. 


She is definitely letting me know when she has had enough and needs a nap.  The harder part is telling when she wants to be put down and when she wants to be cuddled.  In the next few months the plan is to get her to go to sleep all by her lonesome without so much help from me.  But she's only 8 weeks old and I figure she's worth the effort. 

1 comment:

K Cummings Pipes said...

And these are precious days when she is small enough to rock and hold. Enjoy them.