Yep. That is my beautiful child at the ripe old age of 2 months. Isn't she gorgeous?!? (If I do say so myself)
And here she is at 2 months. Lady K wasn't so into having her picture taken.
She has gotten so big! As of yesterday, she has almost doubled her birth weight. She had her 2 month doctor's appointment yesterday and received a round of shots. Let's just say we were both in tears. The look on her face when the nurse stuck the GIGANTIC needle in her leg was just heartbreaking, especially since she had just been smiling at me.
Can you tell she loves her playmat?
Ring Ring
Hello?
Yes, this is Gerber calling.
And I just had to show off her cute headband. Daddy hates it. Mommy loves it.
Lady K isn't sleeping through the night. She still has her late night and middle of the night feeding. I wouldn't mind dropping one of those, but we'll get there. At least that is what I am told. Some books say to get them to eat more throughout the day, but with her reflux, having her overeat is a recipe for large amounts of spit up. Not worth it. She was even having trouble keeping down the prevacid. The doctor suggested breaking the dose into 2 and giving it to her twice a day. Boy has it made a difference! I feel kind of stupid for not thinking of that myself. Ah well.
As for me, I've joined a ladies Bible study on Friday mornings. I think I've foudn a church. It will never replace Southwest Central, but it does have lots of young families. I wish they would sing more traditional songs. Since I have been going I think we've only sung 1 song that isn't very recent. They are so recent I don't even know them and they don't put the music up, only the words. I find this kind of disheartening, but I am hoping they will mix it up a little. I wonder how they would feel about women helping design the worship service? :) Anyway, they ladies are really nice and have even offered to watch Kathryn if I want to go to the gym (that's another post altogether).
So, little miss is growing and I am starting to make friends. I still miss everyone in Texas.
By the way...we are going to be in town from the 12th to the 18th. Hope to see you then!


5 comments:
So glad your little one is growing healthily and beautifully. I'm afraid I agree with "Dad" about the hair bow, but it is very feminine. So glad you've found a church.
Angel baby!! Bring her here! (I'm glad you're finding some support there, lady. :) )
The 12th through the 18th of February or March? Can't WAIT to see you! I love her sweater dress and headband--darling. Glad you're finding friends :)
She is precious Tricia! I'm with Whitney, February or March???
I love love love her bow! She is so beautiful. Glad you are finding friends.
Miss you!
Post a Comment