Thursday, May 14, 2009

Working It Out

So as you might know, my job search is ongoing. It is so hard to get people to look past what you have been doing most recently. Its as if you can only do what you did in your last job. I am trying to transition back into an administrative role and am having a hard time. It really does surprise me how people can only see in the 'box'.

Every week that goes by is one more week I am not making money. I had enough saved for a while, but I am at the point where I need a job and quick. I seem to get close, but then they end up hiring someone who was referred by a friend. Argh. Through all of this I have been praying. Praying that I get a job. Praying that God will bless me. And praying that His will be done. I have to trust him no matter how hard it gets.

But I have been starting to wonder. Is not finding a job a sign from Him that maybe I should go out on my own? Or is it just a lesson in patience. :)

Chris keeps teasing me saying he is going let me be a 'kept' woman. I wish he would either stop saying that or pony up. He would probably be very supportive if I wanted to start my own thing.

I just need to find the guts to actually do it.

No comments: