Monday, June 28, 2010

The BIG REVEAL

Thanks to all who voted on the Reveal Party poll.  Having a party won by a landslide, but in the end I decided to do a hybrid celebration.  I just couldn't find time to plan and have a party, so I baked cupcakes for my friends instead. 

The "before" cupcake shot:






The "after" cupcake shot:

Yep, we're having a girl!!

I am pretty excited.  My husband keeps reminding me this is a person and not a doll.  Yeah, yeah...whatever.  I get to dress her up in cute clothes with bows and ruffles.

I did get a lot of people asking how I made the cupcakes.  It was super easy. 

1) Make some batter
2) Separate just enough to add a dollop to each cupcake
3) Add appropriate food coloring to the smaller bowl of batter
4) Fill each cupcake mold  about 1/3 of the way up with the regular colored batter
5) Spoon in some of the colored batter- Try to keep it in the middle so that it doesn't peek out of the sides
6) Spoon in more of the regular colored batter to cover the colored bit
7) Bake
8) Ice
9) Enjoy!!  (Make sure everyone eats the cupcake at the same time so no one gives your secret away)

I used my nifty new icing tip and love how the icing turned out.  All in all, I think they were a success.


Oh, and here's a picture of me at 14 weeks.


4 comments:

Melanie said...

Yay for little girls!

Chelsie Sargent said...

We are so excited for you both!!

K Cummings Pipes said...

We play with dolls and pretend they're our babies... so of course we enjoy playing with babies and pretending they're dolls. I hope your little princess has her mother's lovely hair and voice. I've been praying a Psalm for you "Praise the Lord... For he strengthens the bars of your gates; he blesses your children within you."

blueskies said...

Thanks to all the good wishes- and especially to you K. I appreciate every prayer that might be said for me.