Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Kitty Kitty



Meet Buffy. 

Buffy has been in my life since she was merely weeks old.  She is about 11 now and has been the one constant through all the ups and downs a 20-30 something gal goes through.

She's awesome. 
See, I told you.

She is breaking my heat this week though.  We returned Sunday night and I noticed there wasn't much food missing from her bowl.  I immediately set off to find her and found her lounging (as usual) under the bed.  I said hello and carried on with my evening, not thinking much of it. 

About an hour later, she came wobbling into the bedroom, meowing.  After some poking and prodding, it became evident that she did not have full use of her back legs.

The next morning it was worse. She didn't want to eat and wouldn't walk around at all.

Off to the vet- who couldn't find anything wrong.  They wanted to keep Buffy overnight, but I brought her home so that I could love on her.  I made a little pallet for her on the bed and brought her food and water.

Tuesday morning she was back at the vet.  After a tearful chat with the doctor, I left Buffy to have x-rays and such.  Again, not much was found.  I brought her home with some pain meds and hoped for the best.

Happily I can say that later that evening she was moving better and was even better this morning.  She is no where near 100%, but improvement is always good. 

All of this to say, that it really stinks to lose the ones we love.  The reality that she may not be with me for much longer hit me hard this week and hubby was wonderful at consoling his sobbing wife. 

I can't imagine life without her.

**UPDATE**  Buffy seems to be doing much better.  She greeted me at the top of the stairs when I came up from breakfast this morning.  Let's hope she continues to improve.  (I may have to get a step stool or something so that she can get up on the bed again, though.)

2 comments:

Whitney said...

I'm sad for you.

K Cummings Pipes said...

Sorry about your Buffy. She's a beautiful cat. I still miss my Kitty Kitken and Boots--and I don't even like cats.