Towards the end each class, we usually do one of my favorite poses: plow pose.
As my nose was merely inches away from my belly Monday night, I say to my belly, "Hello baby." And I think to myself maybe this isn't such a good idea. So, Tuesday morning I fire up the computer and search yoga poses to avoid during pregnancy and found a great article at About.com. If you are into yoga and carrying a little one, you should check it out. Turns out the plow wasn't so horrible (afterwards I wondered if I had broken my baby's neck- luckily babies are pretty bendy at this point so we are good), but I probably won't be doing it anymore.
And just as an added bonus: Baby F



4 comments:
GIRL, I tried to do the plow a lot later - the instructor was all, 'it's okay for you!' - and it was a NO GO. nope. uh-uh. but there's so much else you can do that lets you give your stomach a lot of room to hang free, and it's so good for you (especially the hip openers like pigeon pose, happy baby, and stuff like that)! you go with your yoga self!
Awwww! I bet you are getting so excited!
congrats :)
Hi there,
I'm a yoga teacher, and just stumbled over your article - plow pose is ok in pregnancy, but you should separate your legs fairly wide to accomodate the BUMP :)
Same goes for all forward bending poses. My advice when you're pregnant - simply do what feels most comfortable.
Ps - my wife (also a yoga teacher) and I are also expecting our first baby atm.
With love, Ben
Post a Comment