After a crazy week of packing and supervising the packing and loading of all of our personal belongings, we arrived in Ohio Monday morning. We stayed with H & S Sunday night which was about an hour and 45 minutes away. We left super early in order to meet the movers at 8am. Look what greeted us at the new house:
Frost
The past week has been filled with unpacking and more unpacking. Being 34 weeks pregnant, has not made it easy, but I've been trucking along. Ok, maybe a little too much. The swelling in my feet has pretty much progressed to my whole body. I am measuring about 2 weeks big, but it is hard to tell what is what because of the edema. I can barely fit my feet in shoes and have no ankles to speak of. I'd post a picture, but I don't want to gross you out. My blood pressure is fine, edema just seems to be my pregnancy 'thing'. Other than that...
I won't lie. Anna and I are having a hard time adjusting. There are moments when I just want to go home (made all the more worse by pregnancy hormones I am sure). Tears are frequent. Anna's been having accidents in the house and hates her 'room' where we put her at night. I am so frustrated by this I just don't know what to do. We've decided to feed her in that room hoping it would give it a 'good things happen here' vibe. Instead, she runs away and hides. Feeding times used to be so joyful and now they are stressful for both of us. I think I need to forget that tactic. It makes me too upset.
Don't get me wrong, I've had neighbors come over and introduce themselves. There is a ladies night once a month in the neighborhood and I even had the nurse at the OB office give me a hug when I burst into tears (hormones much?) Things will be great here. I think I've just had all of my emotions bottled up and now that we are here and things are settling, they are making their way to the surface.
I've got some good pictures and stories from the drive up. I promise to share on Monday.


4 comments:
Hang in there, my friend! Much love and prayers are being sent from me....
You are SUCH a rockstar for moving/unpacking/etc this late in the baby game! Precious woman, try to get your rest. I can't wait to see photos!
Wrap your arms around yourself and give yourself a hug from me. Rest as much as you can. Just sit down with Anna and pet and sing to her--it will be good practice for baby and will make you both feel better. Anna may be reflecting some of your distress & discomfort. It's hard for an old dog to learn new tricks. You would have been swollen & weepy even here in Houston.
I don't envy you the coming winter but "joy cometh in the morning" and you'll have a precious baby to cuddle.
You can do this! Love & Blessings.
Oh, sweet Tricia this is making me eyes teary. Moving is hard. Prayers for you!
Post a Comment