First up - a look at the old 'garage' full of our stuff. It is amazing how much two people can fit into a house. On the brighter side, I did find my polka dot ironing board. I thought I had thrown it out when I moved in with Chris. Of course, there isn't a door to hang it on in our new laundry room, but I'll figure something out.
The driver of the moving truck has a dog. Meet Rocco. Isn't he cute? The driver said the Humane Society was having an adoption day at a truck stop and that is where he found this cutie.
It took all day, but they eventually got everything out of the house. Because they couldn't park the big truck on Bissonnet, they had to shuttle our stuff to the moving company. Ugh. I would have hated to have been them. Having to load things into a truck and then unload it and load it again just doesn't sound fun. Here is the living room all empty.
A tree in our new front yard still had some leaves on it. The red didn't quite come through in the photo, but I wasn't disappointed. As you can see the trees behind it, most of the leaves have fallen off of the majority. We drive through heavily wooded streets to get to our house and I can't wait to see the colors change next year.
My grandfather was awesome enough to let me take the piano I learned to play on with us. It was the first piece of furniture moved into the house. This piano has seen two generations of little ones learn to play and I expect to start the third generation playing as soon as I can :)
Anna has had a few accidents in the house, but is starting to adjust. We bought her a great big new bed to sleep on in the living room. I think it looks pretty comfy. She has also done a great job of figuring out the invisible fence. I was worried she would test it and test it, but once the collar starts beeping, she makes a beeline for the center of the yard. I think she is going to love having so much space to play in (more photos to come in the next few days).
And last but not least, my lovely feet. I actually had to go back to the OB today to double check the swelling. My blood pressure is fine, so no worries apparently. I tried on a size 11 shoe yesterday and could barely stuff my foot into the shoe. I normally wear a size 8.5. This limits me to a pair of Nike sandals I stole from my brother and a pair of tennis shoes. We have been invited to a few holiday parties and I have no idea what shoes I am going to wear. My current flip flops are tight and its not exactly flip flop season up here. Ah well.
The swelling isn't limited to just my feet. Chris says he thinks I am carrying 10-15 pounds of water. That made me feel a little better after I burst into tears on the scale at the doctor's office. I've given up looking, but caught a glance today. Apparently I have lost a pound since last week, so that is something.
The weather has been freezing and it has been warm. It is supposed to be in the 70s the next couple of days. I'm not complaining :) This weekend is supposed to cool down though.
By the way, a miracle has occurred here. Actually two. The day after I wrote the last entry, Anna started going into her room all by herself and I often find her sleeping there now. I did decide to feed her elsewhere anyways. We are both much happier. The other miracle- Buffy has been very brave and comes and sits with us all on the couch at night. This makes me very happy.


3 comments:
Glad to hear that the blood pressure is still OK. I'm sure a bunch of the weight is water - be prepared to spend countless hours in the restroom after delivery.
Your new place looks great and I can't wait to see it all set up. It's fantastic that the animals are adjusting and I'm sure they'll bond even more once Baby F arrives.
Thanks for the pictures! Your poor feet! Maybe soft boots or clogs for the colder weather? So cool that you have the piano. Can't wait for your musical little baby! Call whenever!
Welcome home! Glad Anna is adjusting--been thinking of a new living room bed for Mandy. You'll love having seasons and not just the fall color because spring will be a delight. I adore that you have your generational piano. Hope the baby is as talented and lovely as her mother.
Post a Comment