So the nursery is a complete work in progress. They delivered the wrong crib last week (of course), so I am patiently waiting for the correct one to arrive. We also finally found a rocker. Its just the wrong color. I guess that is what happens when you wait until the last minute - at least according to the nursery furniture world. It is brown and the rest of the furniture in the nursery is black. I'm trying not to obsess, but so far, I have not been successful. I am thinking of painting it and recovering the cushions. All silliness really. I mean, who cares besides me?
Here is the bed skirt and part of the bumper. I love the colors!! I am in search of a bookcase for the room and have decided to get something I can paint the darker blue/green. Hopefully I'll find some thing today and can get started on the project this weekend before the cold front comes through on Sunday. I'd also like to be able to put away all of the books and toys this little one has received.
A view of Anna in the living room from the kitchen area. The living room is pretty functional right now. Accessories haven't really been placed yet, but we have a place to sit and a TV to watch.
The majority of unpacking has been done. We just have the nitty gritty stuff to put away. I am in complete denial about the miscelaneous. Part of me thinks that if I don't know where to put it, then I don't need it.
My goal for today- to finish the master bedroom and the guest bedroom. Chris is currently breaking down a gazillion boxes so that we can start taking them to recycling. We have a three car garage filled with boxes and packing paper. I can't take it anymore, so I've put him to work :)


3 comments:
It's starting to look like home.
I love your new house! We need to figure out sometime that we can meet up, maybe after the baby is born. Happy nesting!
I love how it's all coming together. I hope it's starting to feel more like home too. Now stop doing so much and put your feet up girl!
Post a Comment