Thursday, November 18, 2010

Ok Already

So, all of a sudden I realize I am about 4 weeks away from having a baby. 

A what???  Did you say BABY? 

Oh, and you want that to come out of WHERE???

Hm.  Ok, nevermind.  I'll keep her right where she is.  So, I can't feel my fingers on my left hand because of swelling and I'll never be able to wear pretty shoes again, but that HAS to be better than the alternative.

Right?


Yes, the anxiety is mounting. Not only about the actual birth, but about terrible things that could happen between now and the big event.  All I can think about is this horrible story someone told me about a woman who was going to have twins and one week before they were delivered one of them passed. 

Seriously.  Please don't tell pregnant women horrible stories.  At some point the pregnant woman starts to obsess.  Trust me.  She obsesses about that story and also the fact that her rocker is brown while the rest of her furniture is black.  Her husband is about to go mad listening to the pregnant woman talk about the brown rocker and where else they can look for a rocker?, and maybe she could re-cover the rocker...

And it just goes on and on.

I'm told this anxiety is normal so I'm going to go with that :)

4 comments:

BrandyMcD said...

Take a deep breath. Labor and delivery is amazing and at the end of it you get to meet your amazing new little girl!

Don't obsess about the stories. I do it too, but remember the reason people retell those stories is they are soooo out of the ordinary.

K Cummings Pipes said...

A story: I personally know dozens of women who have worried needlessly in that final month, found labor to be a time of joy & blessing, and gave birth to the "most beautiful, perfect baby ever!" Everyone thought so--not only mother & daddy but also all the grandparetns and auties & uncles. So will you. "Whatsover is good, lovely, true... think on these things."

Anonymous said...

"Let nothing trouble you,
let nothing frighten you.
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience obtains all things.
He who possesses God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices."

All is/will be well.
4 weeks will past swiftly.

K Cummings Pipes said...

Thinking of you(that means praying for you) often as you prepare for baby's first Christmas. How sweet to get to hold a little one during this special time. Miss you.