Monday, February 16, 2009

Buried

I've managed to do fairly well at not getting sick the past 2 1/2 years while back in Houston. I'm not doing so well this week though. I've got the coughs and they seem to love to come out at night. I don't think I got a continuous hour of sleep at all last night. And yes, I took cough medicine. Two different kinds in fact. I want to curl up on the couch and sleep...but then I start coughing. Ick.

Chris gave Annabelle a rawhide when she went outside yesterday. Today she brought it back in covered with mud. I think she buried it! Right now it is 'buried' inside her blankets. Have I mentioned this dog cracks me up? Yesterday I was painting the ceiling in the living room when she managed to get past the door. In her excitement to see me, she stepped in the paint. Let's just say there was a lot of cleanup to do. I managed to get all of the paint off of the wood floors, but the sidewalk in our backyard now has white paw prints here and there. Ah, the simple joys of 'motherhood'.

3 comments:

married yoshimi said...

lol, the four-leggeds are really our babies, aren't they?!

feel better... take a nap if you can! M's been sick, too, and has had a hard time getting good sleep. boo.

Chelsie Sargent said...

Feel better soon friend!

Heather said...

Having recently suffered through a similar affliction (the coughing not the paint mishap) I can say that Mucinex DM is amazing medication. It was the only thing that calmed my coughing fits enough that I could sleep.