I've had a half N half kind of day. My mom was in the area and came over for lunch. I ordered pizza from a great pizza joint that I have found. While eating my first piece, I broke my front tooth. Yes, the one that cost $1500. I couldn't believe it. And it wasn't like I was biting into an apple or something hard. It was a piece of pizza. Ugh. Have I mentioned I look quite lovely as a snaggletooth? I get to go see the dentist tomorrow at 10am. If the way to fixing this is anything like having the tooth put on in the first place, I am in for some discomfort. Because of the surgery I have had on my upper jaw, the nerves are all weird and it takes a ridiculous amount of lidocaine or whatever it is they use to deaden the nerves. I'll probably have a fake front tooth for 2 weeks while the new porcelain tooth is being made. Ugh. Why is it just when I think I'll have a few extra dollars to pay off a bill I end up having to spend it on something like this?
The good part of my day happened when my wedding shoes arrived! They are beautiful and comfy. I am going to have them dyed so that they will be my 'something blue'.
My life is so blessed I guess I can take the bad with the good. (But is it any wonder I have nightmares about losing my teeth?)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Oh NO!! I broke a tooth on a mint I got at a Christian bookstore - called a Tesat-Mint, har-har - and it HURT. not the tooth itself, really, but the jagged edge rubbed the side of my tongue and after a few hours I wanted to cry like a baby. I hope you get yours fixed soon, dear.
I hate mouth pain. Teeth, gums, you name it. I would never pierce my tongue. I feel your pain. Not literally, but in my heart.
Ha ha...test-a-mints...they have those at Hob Lob.
Post a Comment