Friday, February 13, 2009

Stay out of the fridge!

I have a magnet that I put on the fridge that says that. I wish I would follow its advice. I seem to be struggling with my weight or more rightly with my eating. I don't know what it is, but I pretty much want to eat all of the time. I came home from rehearsal last night and had such a strong urge to just snack. I wanted to chew. Does this happen to any of you? I suppose part of it is stress- maybe over the wedding, maybe over my job (non-job) situation, maybe over the fact that I can feel my voice getting weak and I know I have a very important weekend of singing starting tonight and ending on Tuesday with a recording.

I am pretty good at hiding my worry. It manifests itself in not so apparent ways. Like eating. I have been getting up to eat in the middle of the night despite the meds I am on to keep me from sleep walking. I take my frustration out on myself and Chris that the house is a mess because I haven't had time to unpack all of the boxes or even figure out where I am going to put all of the stuff that occupies the boxes. I get extremly tired and almost cannot function- possibly to hide from my worries and from all of the things that must be done. And oh I get so overwhelmed. I have been forcing myself to worry about one room at a time and just blocking out the chaos on the other rooms. I think that is the only way I can deal with the disorganization. Control freak much?

And yet God has blessed me in so many ways. I've finally gotten in touch with an officiant for the wedding. The third coat of paint looks great in the living room. I love a man who supports me and wants me to be happy. And the blessings never end.

Praise God. (Now if only I would stop eating...)

1 comment:

JENNY said...

I totally know what you mean. I get the urge to "just chew" at least once a week and it's usually when I'm stressed.