A few things I am frustrated about right now:
1. Changing careers is no fun- even when you are trying to return to a type of career you've had before. It is hard for people to see past what you were last doing. It is also hard for them to see past the fact that maybe you don't have every qualification on their list. That frustrates me a lot.
2. My cough. It seems to come and go as it pleases and lately has been coming in the middle of rehearsals. Not exactly the best time for me to be hacking away.
3. My weight. Enough said.
4. Feeling like I don't have a definite idea of what I want to 'do'. Ok, maybe I do have a definite idea, but I have to wait for that one to happen. (I'd like to be married before I start having kids and raising a family). In the meantime, I am supposed to have some 'higher calling'. Will someone please just tell me what my higher calling is? It would save me a lot of trouble.
5. Debt. Again, enough said.
6. Not being given the chance to interview for positions. Maybe there is something horribly wrong with my resume, I'm not quite sure. I've had very qualified people look at it and they say it is fine. It makes me wonder about myself and my abilities. And why won't anyone call me already?
Ok, enough frustrations for one day. The anxiety was building and so I needed to release some of that pressure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I'm sorry you are having such a rough go of it lately. I will be praying things turn around soon for you.
Job finding is so frustrating. I really feel like you have to know someone to be able to get a job--at least in non-profits in Houston.
In the meantime, you could be a United Way volunteer. That's a good way to meet rich people who might need personal assistants.
I agree with Whitney. Job hunting is annoying. I will continue praying for you.
thinking about you, ladykins.
Post a Comment