The topic for today's Science Wise Wednesday is SLEEP.
I am so incredibly affected by how I am sleeping. The last few weeks have been pretty bad sleep wise. I have been waking up coughing many times a night. I turn into a mean, brittle person when I have not been sleeping and I can tell that Chris is not so into that person. I don't blame him. I don't like me like that either.
Check out this link regarding sleep deprivation: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/1999/10/991025075844.htm
Last night in an effort to not repeat the many previous nights' lack of sleep, I took a little more cough medicine before bed and when I did wake up coughing, I took some more. I slept great and am a new person today. Chris could tell the moment I woke up. Amazing what some sleep can do.
How many hours a night do you require? Do you sleep well or do you wake often?
And if someone could tell me how to rename my links I would much appreciate it.
Happy Wednesday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
To rename the links, you just do it as a hyperlink. You type whatever you want the link to say in the regular blog writing box, then highlight it and click on the icon that looks like the earth and a little white chain (between the text color option and the alignment icons). Then, it will ask you to put in the website address.
And... I need 8 or 9 hours to feel good when I wake up, but coffee helps.
Interesting article. I need at least 8-10 hours a night or I am a grouch. Pre-pregnancy, I had difficulty falling asleep. Now, I fall asleep easily, but can't stay asleep. I've been taking lots of naps! Hope your cough goes away so you can get better sleep!
I need more sleep now than I used to... I can really feel it when I don't get enough. I always had better sleep when I was working out regularly, too.
Ditto on MY's comment...I sleep better when I'm exercising regularly and eating things that are good for me. I can get by on 6hours, but the 7-8 range is perfect.
On the other side, I can't sleep much past 8 a.m. anymore, even on a Saturday. I remeber the days of up til 2 a.m. then in a 7 a.m. class. My brain thanks me, but my body doesn't.
Post a Comment