Thursday, April 16, 2009

What are you leaving undone?

If you've seen the news, you've probably seen a little tidbit about Susan Boyle who made her shocking first step into musical success on Britain's Got Talent. I was a little hesitant to believe the hype, so I had a look and listen for myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY

What an inspiring performance. Here is a woman who is not the norm, who had people laughing at her as she walked on stage and told the judges what she wanted to do with her life. And then she surprised them all. It made me wonder what I was leaving undone. I mean, what has this woman been up to for the last 30 years and why was she only now pursuing her dream?

What talents have we been given that are maybe sitting dormant? Maybe we are busy raising kids. Maybe we are busy working at a job that isn't our true calling. And maybe failing at succeeding in our true calling is too scary and so we don't even try.

I know I am guilty of the last one.

No comments: