Anyone who thinks a stay at home wife or mother has an easy job hasn't tried it. I have been a stay at home fiance for a week now with no other responsibilities than the home I am building. I have been busy from the moment I wake until the moment I lay my head on my pillow. And I admit that I love it. I love it so much I really don't know if I want to find another job.
Yes, I would like the money and it would be responsible of me to make as much as I can now to contribute to our future since I do plan on staying home once I have kids.
But you know, I am making huge contributions to this household even if I am not bring in any money. Who would have time to put organize and put away all of our belongings? Who would let the people in to do the insulation in the attic? Who would be here when they come to replace the siding next week? I would not be able to take time off to be at the house and Chris definitely would not be able to.
So perhaps, it is a good thing right now that I am here at home. We can get all of these work projects done knowing I will be here to watch over things. Then I can get a new job. I guess. My last paycheck from CAO arrived yesterday. I told Chris and he said, "Let's hope that isn't your last one ever."
Oh well. So much for wishing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment