Thursday, April 2, 2009

Concerts

April 5, 2009 • 6:00 p.m.
April 10, 2009 • 3:00 p.m.
Abendmusik: Music for Passiontide G. F. Handel: Brockes Passion, HWV 48
Matthias Weichert, Jesus; Randolph Lacy, Evangelist Melissa Givens, Daugher of Zion; Zachary Wilder, Peter Tracy Rhodus, Faithful Soul; Tricia Kersh, Mary Gerrod Pagenkopf, Judas; Daniel Buchanan, Faithful Soul
Bach Choir & Orchestra • Albert LeDoux, director

April 26, 2009 • 6:00 p.m.
Bach Vespers**
Bach: Christ lag in Todesbanden, Cantata BWV 4,and other works
Tricia Kersh, soprano; Heather Scanio, alto Myron Karner, tenor; Gabriel Preisser, bass
Bach Choir & Orchestra • Albert LeDoux, director
** held at First Evangelical Lutheran Church, 1311 Holman St. (at Caroline)

I feel like I have been missing all of the fun when it comes to 242 and other activities. As you can see above, hopefully I have a good reason. Everyone is invited to come see me sing. I have solos in the concerts above so it is slightly more exciting than normal. These are free concerts; although, they do take a free will offering.

The first concert is great for this time of year since it is a Passion. A Passion is pretty much the story of the betrayal, death, and resurrection of Christ. Matthais is a very good 'Jesus'. He sang the St. Matthew Passion with us last year and had the whole piece memorized- including everyone else's parts. It was amazing.

So, come see the fruits of my labors that have kept me from all the fun events.

Enjoy!

No comments: