Tuesday, March 24, 2009

From Skiing to Shopping

The last week and a half have been pretty great. I was away last week skiing in Colorado with my family. I took three days of lessons and will say I now feel pretty good about being able to ski. It isn't quite so scary. The snow wasn't great, but I still had a great time. God has put such beauty on the earth and mountains to me express His love so fully. Blue skies and mountains while riding on a ski lift- shear joy.

Chris' mom is in town. Her friend who is a designer is also in town. We've been out shopping (after quite a bit of time touring my house and brain storming) and have found some great pieces. They all arrive next Tuesday and I am very excited. We are going to look at fabric today that will cover the sofa in the living room and the new chairs for that room. I've been having a great time. Chris didn't tell me the designer is the designer who does all of the Dream Homes for HGTV. !!!!!!! I was awed and slightly embarrassed to have her in our home. She has given me some great tips though and there is more painting in my future.

I am now waiting for the siding guy to show up. I want at least two quotes on siding and insulation for the attic. I also want to get this done as soon as possible so that I can actually sleep in my bedroom and quit taking all of these meds.

Ok, here he is so I am off. Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

Whitney said...

That sounds really fun, Tricia--and the Dream Homes lady, woah!

I feel like I haven't seen you in forever--we should get coffee soon!