So it seems we have elevated mold levels, specifically aspergillus Aspergillus is known to exacerbate asthma and that would explain my current condition. I am no longer allowed in the master bedroom which is where the highest levels are. Unfortunately, I am starting to be affected even when I am not in that room. I don't think Chris and I have had a good night's sleep since the end of January. At least two asthma attacks a night is very common.
The big question is going to be how do we fix the problem? As you probably know, mold is not good for a house and it is very destructive. I expect the full report from the inspector sometime next week which should have recommendations. We definitely need to pull out the insullation in the attic since I just learned it got very wet during Ike. We need new siding on the house. And of course who knows what else. I am hoping we don't have to demo walls or ceilings.
Chris is threatening to send me to a hotel until all of this is fixed as aspergillus can make you very sick. I am going to the doctor later today to see what he thinks.
All of this to say if you think you might have mold in your house, do something sooner rather than later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Oh I'm so sorry! I know that is such a pain to deal with and I hope you find some relief soon.
You should get wood floors, too! Also, you can buy de-humidifiers. We had one after Ike to dry everything out, and it might be good to use year-round since it's so humid here.
Boo on mold! My brother and his wife discovered the awful black mold in their house when they lived in Austin, and actually did move to a hotel while the renovations were done. What a pain, but I'm glad you found it sooner rather than later!
Post a Comment