Monday, March 22, 2010

Love it * Hate it ~Getting Ready

This weekend I will be hosting a baby shower at my house. There are lots of things to be done in preparation. One has to have the perfect house, right? At least, perfectly clean I think. So, I spent all day yesterday cleaning and organizing things to make the most of the space.


LOVE IT

Here is a brand new toy I brought home about 2 weeks ago. A Shark. Love it. It steam cleans the floors. Did I mention that I love it? My friend HP has one and I got to see it action when I went to visit her and her husband. I was so impressed, I went out the next weekend and bought one.






I am also making favors for the shower. B&J are doing a monkey theme for the baby so I found the cutest cookie cutter at CopperGifts. Love it. They have all sorts of cookie cutters and icing colors and even icing eyes. Here's a preview of what I hope my cookies will look like. I made a test batch a week or so ago and my monkeys weren't quite so polished. Hopefully the test batch was worth it and I've learned how to make them better.

Monkey making schedule:
  • Sunday: make batter, roll into sheets
  • Monday: cut out monkeys, bake
  • Tuesday - Friday: ice monkeys (yes, I expect it to take this many nights)

HATE IT
The Health Bill. 'nuff said

AUSTIN – Gov. Rick Perry issued the following statement on the passage of the federal health care bill: "Unfortunately, the health care vote had more to do with expanding socialism on American soil than it does fixing our health care finance and delivery systems. The Obama health care bill undermines patient choice, personal responsibility, medical innovation and fiscal responsibility in America. As passed by the U.S. House, the bill will cost Texas taxpayers billions more, and drive our nation much deeper into debt. Congress's backroom deals and parliamentary maneuvers undermined the public trust and increased cynicism in our political process. Texas leaders will continue to do everything in our power to fight this federal excess and find ways to protect our families, taxpayers and medical providers from this gross federal overreach."






3 comments:

JENNY said...

Those cookies are going to be so cute!!!

Whitney said...

Let me know if you need help with anything since I won't be here for the shower! I'm pretty good at icing cookies :)

Cioara Andrei said...

Foarte interesant subiectul postat de tine. M-am uitat pe blogul tau si imi place si am sa mai revin sa-l vizitez. O zi buna