Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Did You Watch It??

** SPOILER ALERT ** Don't read further if you don't want to know.

Last night was the finale of 24. Chris and I have been fans of the show and loyal followers. We DVR each week's episode, save up a few and have a whole night of fun watching Jack. Ah Jack. A man's man. I love strong men. Men who take action - no whining. OK, so he kills a lot of people or maims them. So, what? It's hot.

Speaking of hot. I loved this outfit that Jack wore to kidnap the icky President Logan. It was awesome! I couldn't find a photo of him with the black helmet thing he wore. You knew Jack meant business when he stepped out in this. Not to mention how terrifying it would be if he were coming to kidnap you!

Anyway, this season has been a little lack luster, tedious, and there seemed to be some recycling of plot. Despite this, I persevered and made it all the way through (not without some groaning) to last nights final episodes. And I must say, I am a little disappointed in the ending. I thought for sure Jack was going to die or be sent to jail forever or something. Instead, the writers took the easy way out and let Jack escape to live another day.

Don't get me wrong. I didn't want Jack to die. I secretly love Jack. But now he has to run from the Russian government and the US government for the REST OF HIS LIFE. What kind of life is that?

And they had to leave it hanging so that they could bring him back in a few years? Really? They couldn't commit to it really being the series finale?

Now of course this is good and bad. I wouldn't mind seeing Jack living a happy life at some point in the future, but I feel the ending of this season was a little wimpy. I mean come on, its not like we haven't seen it before in previous seasons.

Ah well. Its not Jack's fault and so I still love Jack.

1 comment:

married yoshimi said...

We watched! I'm sketchy on some seasons in the middle, but M's been trying to help me catch up. yeah, we were a little let down, too - it just seemed sort of anti-climactic. Michael had a much better ending in mind, where the people that nabbed Jack in the end turned out to be Tony A. and others who're supposedly 'dead', and that now he's gonna be part of that secret group that's still out there working and doing all kinds of covert cool stuff. but whatever. even though I think most of the women on the show are insufferable I love Jack, too, and David Palmer will always be my favorite president!