On the way to the parking garage every night there are usually a few people smoking after a long day's work. For some reason they seem to think it is OK to throw their cigarette butts on the ground.
I don't understand this. It looks like trash to me. I am willing to bet these people would never think to throw any other sort of 'trash' on the ground. Perhaps they think they will disintegrate magically? I guess they do decompose, but still.
Some years ago David took me with him while he inspected a sewage treatment facility. Really very interesting & not nearly as smelly/unpleasant as I thought it would be. (Although David says that the sniff test can't be beat--a well-run plant is not stinky.) Anyway the storm drainage contained huge quantities of ciggy butts. Seeing so many of them at one time was overwhelming. The only other item coming off the skimmers that came close was... condoms.
2 comments:
Some years ago David took me with him while he inspected a sewage treatment facility. Really very interesting & not nearly as smelly/unpleasant as I thought it would be. (Although David says that the sniff test can't be beat--a well-run plant is not stinky.) Anyway the storm drainage contained huge quantities of ciggy butts. Seeing so many of them at one time was overwhelming. The only other item coming off the skimmers that came close was... condoms.
I agree....ICK!!
Post a Comment