I was talking with one of my co-workers today about what we were having for dinner. Somehow it came up that I don't eat fish.
"Fish was good enough for Jesus. Why isn't it good enough for you?" my co-worker asked.
Wow. That stumped me. That may also be the best reason anyone has ever given me to eat fish.
I don't think I will, but it sure is something to think about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Well we could probably replace the word "fish" with many other things and be just as stumped.
this made me laugh!
number one: I think it's a little weird for grown people to push other people about what they do or don't eat. like, we can't just let other people have their preferences without making them defend them. not that your friend is like that - it's just a thought that popped into my head.
number two: I'm sort of selective about my fish consumption... my taste buds don't like very 'fishy' fish, so when I eat seafood I tend to hang out in the mahi mahi/tilapia/cod/snapper/shrimp arena. I really wish I liked tuna and salmon... I actually hold out hope that I'll develop a taste for salmon, since it looks so pretty and is so good for you. tuna, meh. and the smell of tuna fish from a can makes me gag.
Dude, that's goofy. If you don't like fish, it isn't a salvation issue. Sheesh.
Post a Comment