Monday, September 22, 2008

The Sweetest Victories

So I feel like I haven't seen anyone is so long. With the hurricane and all I've managed to miss church twice. Yesterday I missed for a reason none of you would guess.

Remember that baggage I was carrying around? Well, it looks like I am going to be carrying it for a really long time. Luckily it is a beautiful bag and I knew there was a reason I had a hard time letting it go.

Most of you are wondering what in the world I am talking about and when I tell you, you might think I am crazy, or stupid, or you might even worry about me. You'll wonder if I have made the right decision and how in the world are things going to work out.

But God works in mysterious ways. VERY mysterious ways. He brought my 'baggage' back into my life last week. Texts back and forth, a 3 hour walk in the park, and two dinners. After some soul searching, my baggage asked if he could come over yesterday morning to talk to me. I prepared myself for the worst (after I brushed my teeth and put some clothes on). In walks Chris and long story short he asked me to marry him.

Many of you know the struggles I have had this past year and what struggles they have been. All I can say is that some of the sweetest victories come after fighting the hardest battles.

Oh.....I said yes by the way.

6 comments:

Heather said...

So very happy for you. I know you never lost your faith that being with Chris was what was right for you despite all the signs telling you otherwise. I'm so glad that he finally realized it too and is ready to give you the love and life you so richly deserve. Savor every moment of it. Congratulations to you both.

Whitney said...

So, so, so excited for you! You get to be a wife and a mommy! And you get to have a husband...

JENNY said...

Congrats! I am so very excited for you!

Chelsie Sargent said...

I can't wait to see you and give you a big hug and hear the story first hand!!!

Melanie said...

Oh my goodness! My eyes were just getting bigger and bigger as I kept reading this post! I am so excited for you and can't wait to get back to Houston and see you. oh yeah, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! You deserve all the happiness in the world!