Monday, September 8, 2008

They're Engaged!

It's done! My brother asked his girfriend Sarah to marry him this past Saturday night and she said YES! I was so grateful to be there. No I didn't stay the whole night, but I was there to make sure the plan went smoothly...which it did. This is a picture of them minutes after she said yes. You probably can't see it very well in this setting, but I made sure to get the ring in the picture. Then the waiter took our picture together. I left part of the background in because Mark's is so beautiful. If you haven't been there, it is a must for any special occasion.

It is hard to believe how grown up we are getting. I remember my brother being the biggest pain in the rear-end! I would come home from school to find all of my books strewn across my bedroom. This may not sound like such a big deal, but we are talking about a child who had her books in order by author and then by title. Yes. I am one of those. We would fight each other over what to watch on TV and I mean fight. I know I got a few good punches and kicks in there. Of course he would then go and tell mom. And of course I would deny it. Ah, kids...

Congratulations to my brother and Sarah. I can't wait to have a new sister. My whole family has been blessed by Sarah's arrival- especially my brother. May God bless them abundantly and may they stay committed to the hard work that marriage really is and may that hard work pay off ten thousand times over.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Congratulations to Sarah and Ryan! Maybe you could start a consulting business on orchestrating the perfect proposal......

Whitney said...

You're such a good big sister!

Anonymous said...

awww we love you tricia!

JENNY said...

Congrats to your brother!!

married yoshimi said...

yay! congrats to them and woo-hoo for good event planning!