Monday, September 29, 2008

He Came to Meet Me

Was doing some covert wedding related scouting this weekend and came upon a beautiful song by Hem. He Came to Meet Me. Go here http://www.hemmusic.com/music.html to listen to the song. Its in the album Funnel Cloud. (Not sure how all my other friends change the web address to a word. I can do it in Outlook. Hm. Oh well.)

Here are the lyrics:
He came to meet me
On some July morning
He said he missed me
He came without warning
We walked for half a day
Got lost in my neighborhood
Came back another way
Just like I knew we would
And he came to meet me
He had some stories
He knew a few of mine
I had not heard his voice
For such a long time
My mind would race a bit
Come back to where we stood
I could not keep hold of it
Although I knew I should
And he came to meet me
I'd seen this whole day
Like it was drawing near
Sometimes I'd pray for it
Sometimes I'd shake with fear
Sometimes the only thought
That kept me in the night
Was one that I'd forgot
In summer's blinding light
And he came to meet me
I wrote myself a song
I could not speak what I'd done
He could've been here all along
He could've been anyone
But there is no one who
Could wake my heart like this
Could break my world in two
I felt a suddenness
I felt a suddenness
The day fell completely still
The dream was a lot like this
But I never knew until
He came to meet me

Chris and I have decided to focus on US right now instead of wedding planning. We definitely have some work to do and I am really glad he was the one who requested we do this first. It makes it seem like it was totally his idea which is always good. Of course I still have my eyes open for good ideas and have already picked my color palette. Hopefully in a few weeks we'll set a date and I can at least book a venue. I don't mind not focusing on the wedding, but my control freak side does want to get some things done so I won't worry about them.


Chris and I both want a very small wedding so I am begging my friends not to be offended if they aren't invited. We'll have a party that will be lots more fun anyways. Right after I redecorate 'our' house. How weird does that sound? Let's just make this even weirder. Tricia Frank. Tricia Ann Kersh Frank. I think that is who I will be. Whacky.


Here's a little preview of colors. I like the darker teal blue and coral colors. Shh. Don't tell.

4 comments:

Whitney said...

The song describes your situation perfectly! It was fun seeing you last night.

PS It will not hurt my feelings if I'm not at the wedding :)

Melanie said...

ooo...love the colors! We are back, we decided to forgo church to rest after a VERY long week. Hope to see you next week though!

JENNY said...

Love the colors and song.

It will not hurt my feelings if we're not invited either. This is your wedding.

P.S. LOVED your hair on Sunday...can't remember if I told you that or not.

married yoshimi said...

gorgeous colors! ack, love them!