Two poems I wrote a while back. These really speak to me tonight. No laughing if they are bad.
Alone on the moon
The sky is littered with stars
Each twinkling at its mate
Shining
Shining
Alone on the moon
The comet seen only once in a lifetime
Does it pass?
Fading
Fading
Perhaps its been missed
Perhaps it will never come
Veered from its course
Into another galaxy
Hurling
Hurling
Alone on the moon
Sometimes
Sometimes its hard to let go of the life you almost had
To the joys you had dreamed
To the dinners you'd planned
The heart moves, but slowly
It seems to enjoy those looks back
Move on the mind says
Yet it has secret longings of its own
A song, a place, a moment
Drift in and out
You keep walking, moving
Doing your best to leave it all behind
Find a new dream
Have a new hope
But is that possible
When the life you almost had was exactly what you wanted?
Move on says your mind
Forget says your heart
Don't look back says your soul
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I read this post this morning, and have thought about it all day.
A) I love poetry! this is good stuff... the honest stuff always is.
B) it's brave of you to put things out there, and I love you for it.
C) can I say that I pray for you more than what you almost had? I crave for you a mate that shares your life goals and faith - who puts you first, and wants to have babies and mortgages and things with you. and who tells you how lovely you are, every day. I'm so proud of you for moving forward and walking through all of this, the highs and the lows... I know that even when you know you're doing the right thing, it can really feel sucky when you feel deprived of your heart's desire. I know you didn't ask for this kind of response... I just wanted to say it. er, write it.
D) we love you. and I want half of your wardrobe.
Post a Comment